Friday, July 24, 2009

Hi All -- My experience

hi All..

Now I have about 5.5 years of work experience..and each year, each day has been learning experience for me and believe me ..I am enjoying each and every moment whether it is success or learning. The reason why I used "learning" as I have not seen or felt like failure.Where I have felt it as a success it is learning for me..and in the process of achieving success I have not left any stone untouched..i have used all the stones...

But recently I started analysing myself with the people around as to see what is that I should do to climb and climb in my career..yes..there are some good things that I learned...as how I should be and how I should not be..

Both the aspects are very encouraging and it gave me new perspective in my thinking. During some discussions, one of the senior person rightly quoted saying there are only two sets of resources (human resources)..either good or bad...and there is nothing in between...which is actually true..A person who falls in bad category..only god can help him.

I see the people who fall under bad category has some of different traits which makes them different from others.They can be as under :
1) Lazy ---Relaxed approach
2)unnecessary discussions -- like discussions on religion, politics etc., which are of no use
3)Always trying to avoid main topics..
4) No idea what to do...always looking for directions to do..(this behaviour is accepted in the first three years of job)
5) Not ready to take the suggestions from others
6) Not ready to correct themselves

These are some of the things which makes resource as bad...and even one person of this nature can spoil the team of good 15 people.

A good employee is one who is not disruptive. Not good enough? You say you want something more proactive? How about this, a good employee is a person who is slow to judge, who sees the world in gray rather than black and white, and has genuine concern for one’s fellow man.

In sum, a good employee is a person who is decidedly disinclined to say, “I am doing this for your own good.”
I am not saying I am good..and I am continuously trying to be good and sure will achieve..

2 comments:

Anand said...

Nice.... straight from the heart and true to yourself. :)

Sailaja Prakash said...

It is applied to everyone not only for employees. Those are the traits which makes a person feel sick of himself/herself and makes others fall sick of themselves.